Alchemy Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Alchemy, a magazine of Portland Community College literature and art, is published annually on June 1 as a class project by the students of Writing 246 and WR 249, Advanced Creative Writing--Editing and Publishing I and II, at the Sylvania Campus.
All PCC students are encouraged to submit their best as-yet unpublished writing and artwork for publication.
The same class that produces Alchemy also publishes Alembic, a newsletter format magazine of literature and art. Students with creative writing backgrounds are invited to register for WR 246 and participate in producing the next issues of Alchemy and Alembic.
The current issue of Alchemy can be purchased for $5 per copy through the PCC Bookstores and such local merchants as Powell's Books and Annie Bloom's. Past issues are $2. A preview of Alchemy is available online.
- Submissions accepted from January 1 to March 10.
- Deadline: March 10
- Response by June 15
- Publication June 1
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 3,000 words of prose.
- All works must be titled.
- Cover letter should contain a brief bio, e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of the works submitted.
- The Alchemy / Alembic Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alchemy Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies.
- Submissions not accepted for Alchemy may be considered for publication in the spring Alembic.
Alchemy Literary Magazine • Division of English and World Languages
Portland Community College • PO Box 19000 • Portland, OR 97280-0990