Alchemy Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Alchemy, a magazine of Portland Community College literature and art, is published annually in early June as a class project by the students of Writing 246 and WR 249, Advanced Creative Writing--Editing and Publishing I and II, at the Sylvania Campus.
All writers working in English, regardless of location, are welcome to submit as-yet unpublished writing and artwork.
The current issue of Alchemy can be purchased for $5 per copy through the PCC Bookstores and such local merchants as Powell's Books and Annie Bloom's. Past issues are $2. A preview of Alchemy is available online.
- Submissions accepted from January 1 to mid March (see submission form for current date).
- Response by June
- Publication June
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 3,000 words of prose per piece.
- All works MUST be titled.
- Cover letter should contain a brief bio (no more than 60 words), e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of the works submitted.
- The Alchemy / Letter & Line Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alchemy Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies: one copy if mailed, two copies if picked up in person.
- Submissions not accepted for Alchemy may be considered for publication in the spring Letter & Line.
Alchemy Literary Magazine • Division of English and World Languages
Portland Community College • PO Box 19000 • Portland, OR 97280-0990
www.pcc.edu/alchemy • firstname.lastname@example.org