Alchemy Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Alchemy, a magazine of Portland Community College literature and art, is published annually on June 1 as a class project by the students of Writing 246 and WR 249, Advanced Creative Writing--Editing and Publishing I and II, at the Sylvania Campus.
All writers working in English, regardless of location, are welcome to submit as-yet unpublished writing and artwork. However, author payment copies will not be shipped outside the continental U.S.
To honor the work of current and former PCC students, the outstanding entry in poetry, prose, and art will receive a $50 gift certificate.
The current issue of Alchemy can be purchased for $5 per copy through the PCC Bookstores and such local merchants as Powell's Books and Annie Bloom's. Past issues are $2. A preview of Alchemy is available online.
- Submissions accepted from January 1 to March 10.
- Deadline: March 10
- Response by June 15
- Publication June 1
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 3,000 words of prose.
- All works MUST be titled.
- Cover letter should contain a brief bio (no more than 60 words), e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of the works submitted.
- The Alchemy / Alembic Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alchemy Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies: one copy if mailed, two copies if picked up in person.
- Submissions not accepted for Alchemy may be considered for publication in the spring Alembic.
Alchemy Literary Magazine • Division of English and World Languages
Portland Community College • PO Box 19000 • Portland, OR 97280-0990